Camelbak Hydrolink In-line Microfilter
- All materials are FDA compliant and meet NSF standard 51 for potable water contact
- Rugged 0.2 µm (micron) Hollow Fiber Element (HFE)
- Durable ABS housing and buna-N o-ring
- Materials do not add taste or odor to water
- Materials can be amended with anti-microbial additive to inhibit biofilm growth
- Meets EPA Standard for water purification (bacteria such as E. coli, protozoal cystssuch as Giardia and Cryptosporidium, and virus) when combined with Purifier Tablet
- Filter unit meets EPA Standard for bacterial (>6-log or 99.9999%) and protozoal cystremoval (>3-log or 99.9%)
- Carbon composite filter meets NSF Standard 42 & 53 for chlorine, taste, and odor removal
- Carbon filter removes 97% of lead and mercury
- Primary filter can treat greater than 285 L (>75 gallons) of water before replacement
- Flow rate of almost 500 ml/min at 1.5-2.0 psi
- Easily cleanable pre-filter removes silt and large organic matter to increase life of the primary filtration unit.
- Modular construction allows easy maintenance and cleaning
- Filter housing adapts easily for use with current CamelBak hydration systems
- HydroLink interchangeability with bite valve, chemical resistant reservoir, and gas mask adapters and all other HydroLink components
- Operates normally in hot and cold environments (0-50 °C) and after storage from–20 – 70 °C for 5 years.
- Weighs less than 4 oz. empty.
- Pressure drop increase provides easily perceptible indicator that system needs maintenance.
- System is “fail-safe”, providing safe, clean water from first drink to last.
- Withstands 6’ drop onto concrete when full
- Withstands 4.5 psi internal pressure without leaking
- Tube adapters hold tubing with >30 lbs of tensile strength
- Housing can withstand 300 lb. static load
Purifier Tablet Features:
- Kills 4-log (99.99%) of virus in 15 minutes contact time
- Meets EPA Standard for water purification for bacteria, virus, and protozoal cystswhen combined with the CamelBak Filtration Unit
- 2-gram tablet treats 3L of water from any source
- Effervescent formulation for rapid dissolution in cold water
- Safe, oxidizing active ingredient
- FDA and EPA acceptable as food additive
- Oxidizes hazardous organic compounds and taste and odor causing chemicals
- Solid form is light, easy to use, and stable to store for up to 3 years
- Purification method does not create hazardous byproducts such as free chlorine,
- Trihalomethanes (THM’s) and Haloacetic Acids (HAA’s)